JB = Jillibean = Jingle Bells

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Five more days until Old Saint Nick squeezes himself down our chimney and the 'silly season' is officially in full swing. Harvest is motoring along and the farmer is getting closer to being finished with each day that passes. I'm busy making sure he and our farm workers are well fed, still doing school run as it doesn't finish until this Friday and constantly chasing a newly crawling baby around the house.

Teddy's world has opened up to him now that he is 'on the move' and he has been busy investigating every nook and cranny. His favourite place just happens to be under the Christmas tree because he loves to reach up and grab whatever comes off easily. However, he does have a favourite ornament in the 'jingle bells' with a bright red bow. He happily shakes them about to hear them tingle and has whacked himself in the face a few times but that hasn't perturbed him... he still keeps coming back to find them.


I don't mind the traditional Christmas colours of red and green but throw in a dash of aqua and you've got me! Jillibean Soup's Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup has the perfect blend of traditional and non traditional Christmas colours along with a whole host of snowflakes, stars, festive sentiments etc.


I'm still learning my way around the Jillibean products but what I have noticed is that I seem to always have a very lengthy supply list at the end of each project. This is mainly due to their products being so co-ordinated that I find myself using various soup collections rather than just the one range of products.


I can honestly say I'm no longer daunted by using stencils because I have taken a slightly easier path in using Pan Pastels rather than permanent inks. This way I have the ability to rub off any mishaps... and yes, there are quite a few! This template is from Crafter's Workshop and is called Mini Punchinella which not only has the stars, but hexies and circles all on the one single template.





I have finally found a mist that bleeds the way I want it to. Maya Mists are just beautiful to use because you only have to drop a small amount on your project and it bleeds perfectly, whereas other mists I've tried haven't bled at all and have just frustrated me.


Supplies:
Jillibean Soup
Patterned Paper:  Country Pumpkin Chowder/Toasted Pumpkin Seeds; Grandma's Lima Bean Soup/Bite Size Bits; Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup/Bite Size Bits, Cheese Tortellini, Garlic Flakes, Stewed Tomatoes; Soup Staples/Brown Salt, Red Salt
Coordinating Cardstock Stickers:  Coconut Lime Soup, Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup, Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup
Pea Pod Parts:  Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup
Soup Labels:  Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup
Alphabeans:  Blended Black, Roma Red

Other:  Maya mists (Avacado Metallic and Dragonfruit Pink), Mister Huey's Opaque White, Doodlebug Mini Pearls, Pan Pastels Brown, Crafters Workshop Template, Mini Punchinella, Spellbinders:  Shapeabilities Little Leaf Set.


You can never have too many Christmas tags! I seriously need to consider making these all year round so I don't end up having to spend half of December making enough to go on all the gifts. I loved how these turned out so ended up making a whole pile more exactly the same... yep, the old production line in progress again!




Supplies:
Jillibean Soup
Patterned Paper:  Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup/Cheese Tortellini, Fresh Baby Spinach, Frozen Peas, Stewed Tomatoes; Soup Staples II/Brown Salt, Red Salt
Coordinating Cardstock Stickers:  Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup
Alphabeans:  Braised Brown, Pickled Pink
Kraft Tag:  Shipping
Bean Stalks:  Red Baker's Twine

Other:  Doodlebug Mini Pearls, Martha Stewart snowflake punch.


The Jillibean Soup blog has been full of beautiful Christmas projects so if you are after holiday inspiration pop over and take a peek HERE!

And one last project before I finish... a little card using the Jillibean Soup Staples cardstock which is fast becoming one of my favourite patterned papers... in every different hue! The card was a simple design but hand cutting the sun took me a bit longer than it should... I seriously need to open my Silhouette box and get that machine out and working!!! Looks like it might be a New Years project.



Supplies:
Jillibean Soup
Patterned Paper:  Macho Nacho Soup/Bite Size Bits; Soup Staples II/Gray Salt, Yellow Salt
Pea Pod Parts:  Macho Nacho Soup
Alphabeans:  Organic Orange
Bean Stalks:  Gray Baker's Twine


From farm to you...

11 comments:

  1. LOL! You still haven't cracked open the Silhouette box? I love your layout. I love the circles you used for ornaments and the stars...makes it look so magical. My 8 month old grandson lives with us and yesterday when I walked into the lounge...there he was...the tree was hanging at a dangerous angle and he had to hands full of lights. He just cannot get enough of the tree.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work!!! I just adore your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely lovely work! Your layout is a stunner!! Love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the layout and how completely adorable is that photo...just pure love.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh!!! Every little detail here is just amazing!!! Beautiful work Melinda..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is amazing! Love everything here.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing amazing projects Melinda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your attention to detail is always spot on Melinda, this is stunning!!! I soooooo love your sunshine card I had already seen it on pinterest and repinned it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your projects are stunning!!! LOVE that layout, with the splashes of paint, the stitching and the different fonts, but also LOVE the tags and that card is just perfect!!! You rock girl!
    Wishing you a very happy, healthy and crafty 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete