Hampton Art - I Love you...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vellum and sequins... well who knew these products would make a big come-back. I've had vellum shoved away in my storage cupboard for a couple of years and the sequins were handed over to my daughter a long time ago! I've been enjoying the resurgence of these two products as they really do have so much appeal for adding extra little touches to projects and also to add layers without completely hiding what lies beneath. Needless to say, I've gone and found most of my sequin stash and 'borrowed' it back from my daughter... plus I've made a few new purchases of this tiny bling.

DESIGNED FOR | Hampton Art
PROJECT | I Love You Card


WHERE DID THE IDEA COME FROM | Sorry, no cake pictures for inspiration on this card. I actually came up with the design as soon as I opened the Bella Boulevard - Engaged at Last collection and spied that gorgeous pair of pink lips. I drew up a few different designs but quickly settled on this one because it kept the focus where I wanted it to be... on the lips!




HOW DID I DO THAT | 
1. Cut and fold white cardstock to create a 6" x 4" side opening card and use a corner punch to create the rounded corners.
2. Cut Kraft cardstock to 5.5" x 3.5" and cover with stamped heart images using vanilla ink.
3. Adhere Kraft cardstock to the card using foam pop dots and allowing even margins around each edge.
4. Hand cut the lips image from the patterned paper and using pop dots adhere in position to card.
5. Stamp an image onto vellum using black ink and the [Heart You] speech bubble stamp.
6. Stamp an image onto vellum using white ink and the [i love you] speech bubble stamp.
7. Allow both images to dry then hand cut and overlap slightly when adhering to card.
8. Add sequins and pearls randomly to create a balanced look to your card.

SUPPLY LIST | Hampton Art Licensed Bella Boulevard Stamp Set - Kiss Me (IC0225)
Ink - Black, White and Vanilla
Bella Boulevard Engaged at Last Collection - Bachelorette Extras
White and Kraft Cardstock
Vellum
Greatest View Sequins
Doodlebug Mini Pearls
Corner Punch - Round Edges


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Um did somebody say STUNNING !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a cute card, and I have some vellum and was going to throw it out, but kept it thinking I may use that one day... as we do with scrap stuff... love those lips!!

    ReplyDelete