CAPTAIN AMERICA PLEASE MUM | DOODLEBUG

Monday, April 10, 2017

"Make me a Captain America Shield" was the answer my four year old son gave me when I posed the question of what children's project he would like me to create with him. That probably wasn't the response I was expecting but he was insistent that was all he wanted. Next time I don't think I'll ask.



He loves the Avengers and has a few of the characters but Captain America seems to be the one he carts around with him the most. At first I had no idea how to make a shield with paper until we talked about it a bit more and he said he would like a picture to go on his wall above his bed. Now THAT I could manage.


I dragged out every red, white and blue embellishment and paper I could find after tracing the shape onto my white cardstock with an engraving tool.


There was a very eclectic mix of collections used but that didn't pose any issues as I was only after the colour and not the theme.


The finished result left me devoid of nearly every red, white and blue embellishment I had on hand but one little man was super excited to have his Captain America Art hanging above his bed.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope I have given you some inspiration for that Avenger loving little person in your family.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Love how you worked those words in and totally worth depleting the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such precise sharp lines between each colour. I'm in awe

    ReplyDelete